POSTED Sep 27
Content Writer at Truelancer
We are seeking a skilled content writer to join our team and take charge of producing engaging content for blogs, articles, product descriptions, social media, and our company website. The content writer will play a vital role in analyzing analytics data to optimize content, ensuring regular updates to the client's website.
Roles and Duties
- Conducting thorough research on industry-related topics to generate original and engaging content.
- Creating high-quality content for blogs, articles, and product descriptions.
- Collaborating with the marketing team to develop compelling content for advertising campaigns.
- Proofread content for accuracy, grammar, and consistency.
- Editing and refining existing content to enhance readability and clarity.
- Utilizing SEO best practices and conducting keyword research to drive traffic to the company website.
- Crafting attention-grabbing headlines and compelling body copy to captivate the target audience.
- Identifying customer needs and recommending new content ideas to bridge gaps in the company's content strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or a related field.
- Demonstrated 2+ years of experience in content writing or copywriting.
- Proficiency in content management systems.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- A portfolio showcasing published articles or written work.
- Exceptional writing and editing abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective multitasking and project management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- SEO Proficiency for organic traffic growth.
- Content strategy development aligned with business goals.
- Content editing for clarity and consistency.
- Familiarity with CMS (WordPress/Drupal).
- Innovative content creation for engagement.
POSTED Sep 27
Writer at Campfire Labs
Campfire Labs is a content marketing agency that helps brands like Dropbox, Asana and Stripe tell stories that inspire. We’re a mission-driven company that puts people first, and we donate 50% of our profits to climate action.
We're currently looking for experienced writers to work with us. If you're interested, here's a little more about what we're looking for!
- Write content for our clients, including blog posts, thought leadership articles, ebooks, and case studies
- Revise content based on feedback from internal editors and client stakeholders
- Schedule and conduct interviews with subject matter experts (SMEs) as needed, including clients, customers of clients, and external sources
- Acquire a working knowledge about our clients, their products or services, and the audience(s) their content is written for
There are also opportunities for our freelance team members to grow into full-time Staff Writers, if they wish. That said, we're open to working with folks with different availability. If you have no interest in going full-time, that's fine! But if you'd be open to exploring it in the future, as we continue to grow, that'd be great, too.
What We’re Looking For
- Freelancing experience: This isn't your first rodeo: you've freelanced before (or done something similar), and have the long-form writing and organizational skills to prove it.
- B2B, SaaS, and marketing experience: Nearly all of our customers are in these fields. Having written for one or more of these areas in the past will help you get up to speed much faster.
- Narrative non-fiction experience: We're looking for writers who know how to tell a good story and have the samples to prove it. Many of our writers tend to have a background in journalism.
- Interviewing experience: You’re comfortable independently conducting interviews to drive your writing. You know how to draft questions that will give you the information you need, and how to structure stories around the answers.
- Openness to feedback: You’ve worked closely with an editor in the past, and understand how feedback makes your writing better.
- Excellent organization: You can independently manage multiple writing projects at once. You should have some familiarity with project management software (we use ClickUp).
- Timely communication: You respond to emails quickly and know how to provide the written context needed to move a project along. (Note: This doesn't mean we expect you to always be available or online. We're just looking for writers who don't drop the ball on email communication).
- Kindness: Our team is built around a shared value of kindness: to each other, to our clients, and to the rest of the world at large. We look for this value in everyone we work with.
How To Apply
Click "Apply For this Job" and fill out the form on the next page to apply. We only need your application, writing samples, and answers to the questions listed—no cover letter or long forms required.
With regards to your writing samples, we’re looking for two things primarily:
- Examples of relevant B2B, SaaS, or marketing work that you've written.
- Evidence that you know how to tell a good story.
we produced for Clearbit is a good example of the type of work we are looking for. Please don't include any samples that start with a question (e.g. "Are you looking to grow your business?") This is an example of a writing style we commonly disqualify.
Feel free to also include a portfolio, if you have one, but the specific examples will make it easier for us to review your application.
Our team values passion, kindness, and curiosity over titles or formal accolades. So if you’re on the fence about applying—especially because you think you lack all the qualifications—please go for it.
Please note that we review applications on a rolling basis, and you may not hear from us for a few weeks after submitting your information.
We’re excited to hear from you!
POSTED Sep 27
Content Marketing Writer at DroneDeploy
Build with certainty, operate with confidence. That’s why thousands of construction, oil and gas, and renewable energy companies use DroneDeploy on a daily basis. We help them automate reality capture using drones, robots, and 360 cameras – combining this data in one platform for AI-powered analysis. From aerial and ground views of construction progress to automated gauge readings and methane leak detection, DroneDeploy is shaping the future of reality capture.
At DroneDeploy, we thrive in a remote-first culture, powered by innovation. Growth is limitless, and employee contributions matter. With accolades as a Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and a spot on America’s Best Startups list, our team is dynamic, purpose-driven, and dedicated to delivering top-tier reality capture software.
We cultivate an environment of opportunity. Our dynamic growth is fueled by the diverse range of ideas nurtured by our team. This is why our commitment to internal advancement is profound. A multitude of paths for professional and personal development are available, where flexible schedules, family-friendly benefits, and remote work options propel our team's journey.
We’re looking for a superstar writer in our Marketing team – a storyteller by nature with a deep curiosity for the customer journey and experience, what messaging and CTAs drive action, and a modern understanding of what kind of written content will actually make an impact in 2023.
You’ll be well known in your personal and professional circles as someone who can write, interview and craft stories and messaging that drive action on websites, social media and through video storyboarding. B2B SaaS experience would be awesome, but not essential, as you can speak to any audience with the right inputs.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
This is a part-time, temporary position between December 2023 and December 2024. We seek someone who can work 15 to 20 hours per week and is generally available to work with our team between Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 5pm PT.
Don’t have all the qualifications or experience listed below? We’d still love to hear from you. We encourage you to complete the application questions.
- Own, optimize and evangelize for our brand tone of voice, including evolving current guidelines and coaching SMEs and other content writers
- Draft outlines for and write long-form content, including eBooks, white papers, blogs and other marketing assets, in collaboration with Product Marketing, Demand Generation and internal SMEs
- Interview customers, partners and internal SMEs to craft compelling stories on pain points and ROI that ultimately drive pipeline
- Analyze survey results to identify and summarize insights to drive internal Product and Marketing decisions, as well as publish externally
- Craft storyboards for compelling video content
- Draft copy and messaging for high-traffic webpages and campaign landing pages
- Use Descript AI software to edit videos using their text transcriptions (no video editing experience required)
- Provide copy editing / proofreading support for all written content
- Proven experience as a content writer, interviewer, video storyboarder and advocate for written excellence, with a strong portfolio showcasing compelling, easy-to-digest marketing copy that doesn’t read like marketing copy.
- Passion for writing with the ability to convey DroneDeploy’s point of view, brand identity and tone of voice
- 2+ years experience developing content to attract and engage prospective and current customers
- An excellent writer who can create convincing, creative and engaging content under tight deadlines
- Extensive experience interviewing internal SMEs, customers, partners and thought leaders
- Experience analyzing and summarizing survey data
- Strong understanding of B2B content marketing trends and SEO best practices
- An impressive portfolio with examples of published work across multiple industries, channels and media
- Outstanding communication, interviewing and project management skills
- A passion for drones, robotics, AI and other emerging tech a huge plus!
- This is a part-time, temporary position. Available to work 15 to 20 hours per week and is generally available to work with our team between Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 5pm PT.
Employee Offerings & Benefits include
(may vary by location)
- Innovative company culture
- Drone pilot certification
- Flexible work schedules
- Flexible work location
- Family paid leave
- Paid healthcare for employees
- Professional development & career advancements
- Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
- Flexible paid time off
- Employee referral bonus
- Commuter savings
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
POSTED Sep 27
Content Writer at Magestore
Magestore is a leading omnichannel solution provider with over 10,000 customers globally and 200+ partners. We provide Magento merchants with Point of Sale and Retail Management Software to increase sales and streamline their operations.
Magestore is seeking 3 skilled English content freelancers to assist with a backlog of educational content creation. If you're a talented writer with a passion for retail and eCommerce, let's talk!
Who We're Looking For
We're specifically interested in Vietnamese freelancers who possess a proven track record of producing high-quality website content. If you have a knack for crafting engaging, original, and SEO-friendly articles, we want you on our team.
Job Overview Provide Magestore website readers with 100% original, interesting, easy-to-read, and SEO-friendly content.
- Conduct thorough research and develop outlines for pre-approved topics
- Craft comprehensive content and incorporate media as per the provided outline
- Ensure articles are optimized according to SEO best practices and Magestore's guidelines
We will supply you with the topic, keyword list, and article specifications (typically ranging from 2,000 to 3,500 words).
- Exceptional skills in English writing, editing, and proofreading
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex subjects in an engaging manner
- Intermediate understanding of on-page SEO techniques
- Capacity to create in-depth content related to Retail and eCommerce
- Previous experience in crafting website content that captivates and informs
- Familiarity with plagiarism and AI writing checking tools
You'll receive up to 300đ per word based on your expertise, around VND 1,000,000/blog post.
We'll work on 2-3 revisions for each blog post to ensure top-notch quality.
How You'll Work With Magestore
- We'll send you the topic, requirements, and article rate.
- You'll submit the completed draft to Magestore after ensuring it's plagiarism-free and well-structured.
- Our team will review your draft for quality and adherence to brand guidelines. We will provide feedback that you can use to revise your article. We're committed to excellence, so expect up to 3 revisions to ensure top-quality content.
- Once we've approved the final draft, Magestore will publish and distribute the content.
- You'll be paid monthly based on the number of approved articles and their prices.
Ready to Join Us?
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity to collaborate with Magestore. We look forward to the possibility of working together!
POSTED Sep 27
Creative Copywriter at EmployBridge
As the United States’ largest light industrial staffing company and the first workforce-as-a-service provider, our digital-first approach to staffing is rooted in a rich history of delivering high-quality, scalable workforce solutions to the organizations driving the American supply chain.
Our colleagues are guided by our purpose of Championing People, Unlocking Potential and bring this to life every day as they help put hundreds of thousands of people to work at tens of thousands of companies across the country.
The foundation of our culture is built upon a bridge to better, offering our colleagues rewarding and growth-oriented experiences that positively impact lives and businesses in innovative and meaningful ways.
This person will write and review all short-form and long-form content for the Brand Marketing team, working under a Content Strategist.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Conduct research on any topics relevant to writing assignments. Stay up to date on industry trends for content development and distribution. Monitor content engagement and make note of what strategies are most effective. Offer suggestions of how to improve engagement based on analytics data. Utilize knowledge of SEO to increase visibility of online content. Identify areas where the company can improve its content distribution. Stay informed on industry best practices. Be familiar with the brand image and client requirements.
- Create short-form and long-form content for a variety of platforms, including landing pages, email campaigns, infographics, case studies, blogs, articles, social media, and other assets. Collaborate with a team of content strategists, writers, editors, and brand strategists. Assist in building an editorial calendar and schedule posts on social media channels. Create a timeline for drafts and revisions based on deadlines. Communicate with other writers and editors to ensure that content is delivered on time. Manage multiple writing projects simultaneously and complete content within deadlines.
- Proofread, edit, and revise copy to ensure that there are no spelling, grammar, or syntax issues. Review visual content to make sure that it is user-friendly and follows the brand’s style guidelines. Work with marketing team to ensure that the message and tone of released content aligns with the brand’s goals and targets appropriate audiences. Provide detailed feedback when assessing content. Brainstorm with coworkers to come up with new content ideas. Ensure that published content is optimized for SEO. Review existing content and update as needed. Revise short-form and long-form content over various mediums, including blog posts, websites, email, social media posts, print publications, newsletters, and more.
- Monitor the analytics of released content to determine impact. Keep track of user engagement and web traffic. Analyze data to optimize content for retention and boost brand engagement. Fact-check information for accuracy. Strategize and produce content for a particular audience.
- Work with the team’s content strategist to ensure that the company’s brand voice remains consistent as new content is published. Adhere to the brand’s message and style guidelines.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-4 years related experience
Competencies (Skills & Knowledge You’ll Bring)
- Understands what makes a business or organization successful as well as staying up to date on daily happenings and developments in the business world.
- Seeks to become knowledgeable about customers to provide better service. Able to identify and prioritize customer needs, recognize constraints, and deliver on promises.
- Picks up and assimilates relevant information quickly and easily while learning new tasks. Ability to think on your feet in rapidly changing environments.
- Communicates information and ideas clearly and articulately both in oral and written form. Uses appropriate language, style and methods depending on audience and the purpose of communication.
- Takes balanced view of situations incorporating different perspectives. Recognizes priorities, weighs different options, and evaluates risks. Reaches logical conclusions and decides on appropriate plan of action.
- Achieves results in a quality, timely, and cost-effective way. Sees priorities, plans the efficient use of resources, and monitors progress against objectives.
- Responds positively to change and adapted to new situations quickly. Able to take on a diverse range of tasks equally effectively.
- Experience using various technology platforms to drive effective decisions.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position in the US is $60,000 to $72,000.
This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
EmployBridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
EmployBridge offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical/Dental/Vision, prescription drug benefits, 401(k), paid time off and holidays, a wellness program, and incentive programs. We also offer a variety of career paths and encourage promotion from within.
POSTED Sep 27
Data Writer/Researcher at Dataedo
- We have created an internationally recognized metadata management software
- We are a product company. We develop and sell our solution. With a profit. We operate on a subscription model and have $2M+ ARR.
- We have more than 400 customers, mainly in the USA and the UK. We work with big brands such as Disney, the LA Clippers, Fujitsu, Intel, the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and many more
- We are highly rated by our customers on Gartner Peer Insights (4.6) and Capterra (4,8)
- One customer reviewed our services: „This software has always given me what they promise and more" – this completely reflects our philosophy
- We’re a team of 40 people from Poland and the USA. We work 100% remotely
About the Junior Data Writer/researcher Role at Dataedo
We're in search of a tech-savvy individual to dive into our product, conduct research, and turn it into content that resonates with professionals who work with data daily. This role stands apart from typical content writers. It's not about producing standard content or following the usual writing conventions. Instead, we need someone who can use their databases and SQL expertise to effectively communicate the value of our product.
As a Junior Data Writer/Researcher , you will work closely with our Tech, Product, and R&D Teams. This role offers you the chance to develop your knowledge about databases and data tools and gain a deep understanding of our product.
As a Junior Data Writer/researcher , You Will
- Create various types of technical content for the Dataedo blog and Knowledge Base, including tutorials, articles, short videos, case studies, and instructions
- Collaborate closely with our application on a daily basis to showcase its capabilities
- Leverage your knowledge of databases and SQL to develop content
- Explore the world of database tools and platforms
- Take ownership of the tech content creation process, which involves conducting research, proofreading, and publishing articles and documents. You will also engage with tech and product teams
You're the perfect candidate if you have:
- Experience with databases and SQL, as it is essential for writing about technical and data-related topics
- The ability to grasp the core functionalities of our product
- Some experience in creating tech-oriented content. We would appreciate seeing examples of your writing, even if it's not commercial
- A high level of proficiency in English and Polish, both spoken and written (C1)
- Strong ownership skills to effectively manage the content creation process and collaborate with various stakeholders and team members
It's also nice if you:
- Have prepared simple instructional videos and tutorials
Here’s what we have to offer:
- You will work with a product in the rapidly growing market of metadata management, data governance, and data quality
- Your voice will matter, and good ideas and initiatives regarding company and product development will be appreciated
- You will have space for your own ideas - once a year, we have an internal hackathon called Innovation Day, and in 2022, 4 ideas from it made it into the product
- You will join a small, cohesive team that supports each other, helps one another, and shares knowledge. A high eNPS (Employee Net Promoter Score) of 59 confirms the team's satisfaction with working at Dataedo.
- 100% remote work - we work from different locations in Poland and the USA
- Flexible working hours - and we really mean it
- Salary: 7,000 – 10,000 PLN net on invoice (B2B, including days off), 6,500 - 8,500 PLN gross on an employment contract/contract of mandate
- We provide necessary equipment - laptop, monitor, additional accessories
- Benefits package: private medical care (100% financed by the company), access to the Worksmile benefits platform (including points for Multisport card, cinema tickets, vouchers, etc.), home office bonus, educational budget.
- Integration meetings - throughout the year, there are plenty of opportunities to meet in person (two workations per year, Christmas Party), but if you prefer, you can chat with the team online every day in the virtual "Kitchen," join the company Update Meeting, and remote integration ;)
The Recruitment Process at Dataedo
Working task: We'd like to evaluate your skills with a very short task related to our product. It's your opportunity to showcase your ability to explain our tool.
Online Interview: you'll meet our CEO Piotr, Head of Development, Łukasz and Talent Partner, Asia. We’ll explore your experience and skills, and you’ll have another chance to ask the questions you might have.
Decision/offer: Congrats and welcome to Dataedo! We’ll be back with feedback no matter what the decision is.
POSTED Sep 27
UX Writer at AllTrails
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoor platform in the world. We help people explore nature with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners worldwide. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has over a million 5-star app reviews. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation for the outdoors. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work closely with product, design, engineering, and localization teams to solve user and business needs
- Provide clear, concise, functional, and on-brand product messaging that enriches the end-to-end experience, including microcopy, onboarding, information architecture, feature naming, and more
- Test and iterate on language and positioning approaches
- Manage projects independently, presenting work to senior leadership and keeping stakeholders in the loop throughout
- Support the Senior Content Design Manager in establishing and evolving our UX writing processes, patterns, guidelines, and documentation
- Work quickly and effectively across multiple projects at once
- 3+ years of experience working on product copy
- Portfolio of real-world examples — and the ability to articulate your approach, challenges, and learnings
- A desire to shape processes and create clarity from ambiguity
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and manage stakeholders to reach final solutions that meet both user and business needs
- Proficiency working in Figma
- Self-motivation and effective time management
- Humility, empathy, and open-minded curiosity
- Reliable internet connection and computer hardware that meets the company’s IT security standards - (the company will require you to install a read-only OSQuery to ensure hard-drive encryption and antivirus software are enabled before accessing our network, compatible with MacOS 11 or Windows 10 + 64-bit or higher only)
- Experience with content research and testing methods
- Experience writing for global audiences with a localization-conscious approach
- Knowledge of accessibility, inclusion, and/or trauma-informed design best practices
$80 - $110 an hour
A successful candidate’s compensation will be determined based on various factors such as skills, experience, training and credentials, as well as other business purposes or needs. It is not typical for a candidate to be hired at or near the top of the range of their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the factors and circumstances of each case.
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.
POSTED Sep 27
Writer at HopSkipDrive
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our innovative, supplemental school transportation solutions are used by over 400 school districts, charter schools, nonprofits, government agencies, as well as busy families to safely and reliably get kids where they need to go.
Student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the U.S. The way kids get to and from school has a direct impact on our kids, families, schools and communities. While school districts spend $28 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus. The current system can no longer meet all the transportation needs of our districts, schools and families — and its shortcomings are causing inequities in educational access that are affecting the welfare of millions of kids each day.
HopSkipDrive is taking a different approach to arranging safe, reliable school transportation that meets needs that aren’t being addressed by the current system, helping to fill gaps and supplement the student transportation options available. We create personalized transportation solutions for the one to the many, and everything in between.
We’re a Company With Heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for the most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, children experiencing homelessness and students with disabilities.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology — coupled with operational expertise and new ways of thinking — to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re An Awesome Place To Work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list, as well as Best Places to Work lists from Built In LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us a Best Company for Professional Development, as well as to its Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re Growing Rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now operate across over 20 major markets and more than a dozen states across the country. We continue to expand at a rapid pace, making the Inc. 5000 list four times, as well as the Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology list. HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for part-time freelance writers to partner with our dynamic communications and marketing team. Responsibilities would include writing articles and other types of content that inform and engage clients and potential clients in the school transportation space.
As a Freelance Writer, you will write and edit various types of branded content, including blog posts, case studies, social media copy, infographics, and marketing materials, according to provided topics and project briefs. You’ll conduct in-depth research and maintain high-quality standards while crafting content in line with our brand voice. You’ll implement up-to-date SEO tactics to optimize content for search engines while striving for excellence, continuously seeking to elevate every piece of content produced.
You’ll report to the Senior Content Marketing Manager and work closely with team members overseeing content, brand, marketing, product marketing, and communications.
What You’ll Bring
We are looking for a seasoned writer who understands the importance of creating authoritative content that speaks to our audiences while elevating the HopSkipDrive brand. To succeed in this role, you’ll need advanced writing skills with a minimum of three years of professional writing experience (please provide a portfolio of writing samples). The ideal candidate will possess the ability to distill complex information into clear and concise content, along with proficiency in SEO best practices, strong research skills, and an eye for detail. Literacy in technology, product, and innovation is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.
POSTED Sep 27
Technical Writer/Developer at Draft.dev
is a content marketing agency focused on creating in-depth, technical content for growing technology companies. We work with subject matter experts from around the world to create tutorials, blog posts, and e-books for our clients. Founded in 2020, we're a small but quickly growing team of technologists, writers, marketers, and editors.
If you're a software developer and you want to build your personal brand while getting paid to write about interesting technical topics on the side, this will be a great part-time role for you!
📣 We're looking for Developers who have experience in Salesforce or Microsoft Power Apps.
Draft.dev’s writers create technical blog posts and tutorials for clients in a wide range of industries and areas of technology. Writer pay starts at $300 per ~1500-word article and goes up as you complete more assignments.
This is a great side hustle as almost all our 200+ writers are full-time developers with a background in software engineering, data engineering, machine learning, product management, or similar.
Because we create content that will be read by a wide range of readers around the world, we are committed to supporting diversity in our writers (we currently have writers in over 50 countries).
What You'll Do
- Write content such as blogs, tutorials, guides, and other similar materials
- Research and prepare demo code as needed
- Conduct necessary research to ensure the accuracy of the content
- Respond to editorial requests in a timely manner
Your Skills & Experience
You have experience in ANY of the following:
- Salesforce (and especially Salesforce Mobile)
- Microsoft Power Apps
What You'll Love
- Remote work: 100% remote work environment allows for a flexible schedule and work from anywhere in the world
- Asynchronous communication: No need to be available at specific hours or use real-time chat tools, promoting work-life balance
- Diversity and inclusion: A company culture that values diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of our work
- Fair pay: Competitive salary based on experience, and a commitment to paying fair rates for quality work
- Honest feedback: A supportive work environment that values honesty and transparency in feedback to help employees grow and succeed.
If you have any of the skills listed above, please apply!
POSTED Sep 22
Grant & Proposal Writer at Upgraded
Grant Writer responsibilities include:
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders
- Displaying adherence to the organization’s mission
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs
We are looking for a Grant Writer to join our team and lead our efforts in securing funding to help our organization operate throughout the year.
A Grant Writer’s responsibilities include researching grant opportunities, writing compelling grant proposals to acquire funding, and working with our leadership team to ensure we have enough capital each year.
Ultimately, you will work with our leadership team to understand our financial needs and ensure we attain funding.
- Assist with the execution of the development department’s strategy
- Identify grant funding opportunities
- Write, submit and manage grant proposals
- Furnish prospective funders with supporting documents
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Director of Development to send benefactors newsletters and to promote on-site tours
- Collaborate with Director of Development to compile an annual report
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Grant Writer or similar role
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals
- Great with MS Office Word and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Exceptional organizational and writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or related field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Grant Writer do?
Grant Writers research, draft and submit proposals that help organizations or individuals receive grant funding. They also work with leaders in the organization to identify financial needs and ensure they reach their annual goals.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Grant Writer?
A Grant Writer will have many responsibilities depending on the organization they work with, but they typically research grant opportunities, prepare proposals and write compelling grants to secure capital.
What makes a good Grant Writer?
A good Grant Writer must have excellent writing skills to ensure their grants resonate with the recipients. They also need to have great organizational skills to track opportunities that arise throughout the year.
Who does a Grant Writer work with?
A Grant Writer typically works with a Financial Controller and other leaders in an organization to understand their financial needs and secure needed funding each year.
POSTED Sep 22
Copywriting Internpreneur at RELAYTO
Revolutionize communications to make business beautiful and human.
At RELAYTO, we believe that important ideas deserve better than conventional documents, presentations or blogs, and that there are people out there who can change the world. Whether you are a full-time student, social media genius, recent digital/marketing graduate, or a mid-career marketing professional interested in working for a high-growth startup, we would love to hear from you.
WHAT IS RELAYTO?
We believe in ‘show, not tell’, so check out this RELAYTO about RELAYTO - a demo of how we transform customer-facing documents & presentations into interactive, visual, and mobile-ready experiences that boost and measure the impact of ideas. There is magic and genius in every person, you just need to share your ideas with the world. We believe everyone from salespeople and marketers to executives and HR can create content with character – all it takes is a great idea and an intuitive tool. We built the best-in-class tool (check out the RELAYTO awards and recognition here). Now is the time to unleash your ideas.
AM I A GOOD FIT?
Regardless of background, we believe there exist individuals with entrepreneurial spirit, resilience, and an outcomes-driven attitude, who with the right coaching and mentoring can achieve the near impossible.
We expect an intern-preneur at RELAYTO to approach their career like an entrepreneur: able and eager to get things done; willing to innovate with limited resources. They think ahead and want to learn how companies and careers grow.
We would especially like to hear from professionals who are thinking of embarking on a change of career or a simple career break. Some of our top employees have come this route and we would love to have some more!
Sounds like you? If yes and you have at least 20 hours to spare per week to change your life & the world of storytelling, read on :)
WHAT CAN RELAYTO DO FOR ME?
Gain a business education, SiliconValley-global startup experience, and create digital masterpieces that could change the world! If you don’t quite know who you want to be professionally, we are a great foundation. Although this internship is unpaid, we offer amazing opportunities for growth and development. Get in on the ground floor of an innovative company – and have some fun along the way! We are a global team, with co-creators in locations from San Francisco to London, Paris to Philippines, Brazil to Riga (Latvia). Our remote-first culture offers flexibility and exposure to our:
- Co-founder/CEO Alex Shevelenko (host of Experienced-Focused Leaders Podcast which delves into topics around creating exceptional experiences, driving business growth and communicating the most important ideas of our time..) and the entire leadership team who are alums of Ycombinator, Alchemist Accelerator, Stanford, Wharton and Yale
- Cornerstone clients & partners (including Salesforce, Accenture, KPMG, OmnicomGroup, Ogilvy, AMEX, Edelman Kellogg / Northwestern University, Fintech Innovation Lab)
- Multiple amazing non-profits communicating with the help of RELAYTO to advance their mission like United Way, Save A Child’s Heart, Plant with Purpose, and Red Cross. You can even pick a non-profit cause you support and help them with free RELAYTO content as part of your role
- World-class investors and advisors (founders/CEOs of Docusign, SuccessFactors/SAP, Eventbrite, Alteryx, Lookout, etc), Wharton School, Alchemist Accelerator (#1 deep-tech focused accelerator in San Francisco). For example, our lead investor, Kevin Mahaffey, got rated as the third best early stage investor by Business Insider in 2022
- Listen to RELAYTO’s podcast episodes and transcribe the spoken content into well-structured written form
- Edit and proofread transcriptions for accuracy, grammar, and readability
- Craft engaging and concise written summaries that capture the essence of each episode
- Collaborate with our content team to ensure the written content aligns with our brand voice and style
- Occasionally assist in repurposing podcast content into blog posts, social media snippets, and other written formats
- Contribute creative ideas for enhancing the written content's appeal and engagement
- Currently pursuing a degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or any related field (can be a recent graduate)
- Excellent command of written English and strong grammar skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy in transcribing spoken content
- Ability to synthesize information and distill it into concise and engaging summaries
- Familiarity with podcasting and an understanding of different podcast genres and styles
- Basic knowledge of SEO principles for optimizing written content (preferred but not required)
POSTED Sep 22
Technical Writer at ConsenSys
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with Consensys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. Consensys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About Customer Success
The Customer Success team at Consensys is focused on exactly that: making our customers successful. We’re looking for people who will step towards a customer who is asking for help and respond with innovative and creative ideas to help them course-correct. If you value constructive customer engagement and want to define the future of blockchain total customer experience, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
What will you do? You’ll be explaining Web3 to the world!
Within the small but growing Content Team in Customer Success, we work to ensure that users of Consensys and partners’ products have the onboarding, training, and documentation resources that they need. These take a variety of forms, from traditional Knowledge Bases to blog posts to tutorials, infographics, even YouTube videos.
Specifically, we’re looking for well-rounded candidates: you might be stronger in writing end-user focused content, or developer focused content; either way, we’d like to hear from you.
We are in contact with a wide variety of teams and projects across the company and the ecosystem. We’re a dynamic team, in the sense that we adapt to business needs as they arise, and we have the privilege to produce work that has meaningful impact. We take pride in this, always approaching a situation with the question “What can we do to help?” in mind.
It would be great if you brought this to the role
- A very strong level of English, with opinions on what “sounds right”
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with software development and release processes: You don’t have to have a specific degree or certification. Regardless of where you got your knowledge, please explain it on your resume or cover letter, and we’ll discuss it in the interview (NOT a formal coding interview.)
- A willingness both to work collaboratively with others, as well as to take initiative on your own
- Experience with web3/crypto/blockchain technology; even more nice, experience building on a web3 project
- Knowledge of, and experience building with, Python or the nodejs ecosystem
- Multilingualism! Our team benefits greatly from having speakers of different (human, not programming) languages.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Consensys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consensys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
POSTED Sep 22
Content Writer-Database at oracle
Oracle’s content operations team writes about database technology, cloud computing, AI, scientific and analytic computing, programming environments, data management, trends in data science and more. While the team may sometimes write about how various technologies work, it mostly explains how technologies are used in business and how they help solve challenges faced by companies. We are looking for a writer who understands the technologies mentioned above, and who can use that knowledge to inspire readers to want to know more. As a teller of great stories, you’ll not only write engaging, well-researched copy, you’ll also suggest graphics and other elements that bring the story to life.
If you get why a developer would choose to manage data in their app with JSON documents instead of relational tables, or vice versa, this could be the writing job for you.
The writer in this role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Research the use of new technologies and combinations of technologies and write papers and articles that explain the use and illustrate the business value achievable.
- Interview subject matter experts both inside and outside of Oracle to learn and communicate their unique takes on the application of technology.
- Write ebooks and web-based articles based on agreed-upon outlines
- Contribute to other content mediums, including video scripts, PowerPoints, and social media posts.
- Create SEO-optimized content based on briefs developed by Oracle’s SEO team.
- Assist in special projects or activities as needed. Cover events as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in English or Journalism or a related field or 7+ years of experience writing content for business technologists and technology buyers.
- 7+ years of experience covering the technology industry.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to create engaging content about highly technical subjects.
- Ability to follow style and usage guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing content based on business needs and requirements.
- Ability to work independently and creatively to complete complex writing assignments on deadline.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Familiar with project management systems, specifically Wrike.
- Understanding of cloud-based infrastructure and platform services and the various database services they offer.
- Knowledge of database concepts, Structured Query Language (SQL) and database languages.
- Familiarity with programming languages for supported APIs is a plus (JSON, Java/JDBC, C/ODBC, C++, Python).
- Familiarity with data science concepts and tools is a bonus
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, Countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to flourish in new roles and innovate, while blending work life in. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry.
In order to nurture the talent that makes this happen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates and values diverse insights and perspectives, a workforce that inspires thought leadership and innovation.
Oracle offers a highly competitive suite of Employee Benefits designed on the principles of parity, consistency, and affordability. The overall package includes certain core elements such as Medical, Life Insurance, access to Retirement Planning, and much more. We also encourage our employees to engage in the culture of giving back to the communities where we live and do business.
At Oracle, we believe that innovation starts with diversity and inclusion and to create the future we need talent from various backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to successfully participate in the job application, interview process, and in potential roles. to perform crucial job functions.
That’s why we’re committed to creating a workforce where all individuals can do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued that we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer.
POSTED Sep 22
UX Writer at Qonto
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: and launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the French ranking!
- Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
- Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
- Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
- Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. .
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
UX Writers at Qonto use words, content, and systems to deliver the best experience and create the finance solution that energizes European SMEs.
Qonto’s UX Writing team consists of 20 highly-skilled professionals, counting almost 10 different nationalities and backgrounds. One of our core markets is France, currently supported by 3 UX writers. We’re looking for a fluent French and English-speaking UX writer to support Qonto’s key initiatives in the French market.
As a UX Writer at Qonto, You Will
- Write the clearest, most concise and most contextual in-app copy to best guide our users
- Write backend copy: All content triggered when using our product (error messages, push notifications, SMS, etc…).
- Contribute to the evolution of the tone of voice, the glossary, and the content design system in French.
- Align internal stakeholders: Work closely with Product - Designers/Managers/Marketing to gather customer insights, and create meaningful experiences for our users.
What You Can Expect
- Joining a large design studio of 80+ talented designers
- Collaborating with a variety of profiles and expertise: Legal, Compliance, CS, external partners, etc.
- Contributing to building an international brand with ever-evolving challenges
About Your Future Managers
- Mélanie worked as a translator and copywriter in different sectors including tourism, subtitling, and engineering before becoming specialized in luxury. Three years ago, she made the move to UX Writing by joining Qonto. Along with her team, she focuses on building features for our onboarding and pricing flows, and for our Italian market.
- Kate has 6 years of experience as a UX writer and has spent the last 3 years managing and growing teams of writers. Her previous job was at Preply as a Head of Copywriting. At Qonto, Kate's team is working on bookkeeping and spend management topics, as well as payment cards.
- Fiorella has 10 years of experience in UX Writing, having worked for big tech companies like Envato, Booking, and Hopin. At Qonto, her team is focused on working on the core elements of the app like transfers and invoicing, as well as newer features that break new ground for the product.
What they bring to the team: All three of them bring a different approach when it comes to leading their team. Mélanie, with her extended knowledge of Qonto, will bring structure and methods while Kate with her international experience will challenge the team on reaching new goals. As for Fiorella, her 10 years of expertise are leading us to an all-new level.
- Mastery: You possess strong linguistic and UX design acumen and can guide other teams in the use of the right words
- Languages: You can write and speak fluently in English. French / German / Italian or Spanish will be a plus
- Experience: You have solid experience working in a workflow in strong collaboration with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Developers
- Empathy: You have a strong ability to understand people's state of mind
- Communication: You can turn complex concepts into clear short messages to motivate users to take action.
- Passion: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and like sharing best practices to spread the product culture internally.
Qonto is an open-minded company. Don’t tick all the boxes? Apply and we’ll let you know if we think you could fit the role. You never know ☺️
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed.
- A with services
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 28 days of paid leave
- to take care of your mental health and gym access with
- A lunch card: 100% covered
- 100% public transportation reimbursement
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
Our Hiring Process
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
POSTED Sep 22
Dutch Content Writer at Wordbank US
We’re looking for a copywriter, to work for our end client in their offices in Amsterdam. This is a remote first, 6-month role, 4 days per week, and an exciting opportunity to work for a leading lifestyle Japanese brand.
What’s the Role?
The purpose of this role is to produce engaging written content across multiple e-commerce channels in line with our client’s tone of voice. The content produced will be used by teams across the business in a variety of key customer touchpoints, including (but not limited to) our client’s homepage, newsletters, product names and descriptions, blog, product category pages and content-rich landing pages in support of multi-channel campaigns.
Who Are We?
We’re Wordbank, a marketing localization agency with offices in London and Denver. People are at the heart of everything we do and our on-the-ground network of culture and language professionals deliver sector expertise, market knowledge and channel specialism. We want everyone in the Wordbank family to feel respected and valued. Which is why we’re proud to be an Investors In People Gold company − proof we practise what we preach.
- Craft compelling copy for weekly homepage updates
- Produce concise, high-performing messaging for the newsletter
- Write product names and descriptions for the website, ensuring copy leverages strategically chosen SEO keywords and adheres to brand tone of voice and style expectations
- Support other BAU copywriting activity (including, but not limited to, category page updates, SEO-based actions, content page writing, etc.)
- Craft compelling and inventive articles for the blog and support with the ideation and planning of the blog strategy
- Support designers and site operations teams by responding to ad-hoc copy and content requests
- Regularly use data-driven insights to demonstrate the success of a piece of content
- Proactively engage with stakeholders across departments
- Develop strong product, campaign and business awareness
Skills And Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years’ demonstrable experience copywriting in an e-commerce context
- Experience in retail or fashion is a plus
- Exceptional spelling and grammar
- Good understanding of SEO. Experience in copywriting to achieve SEO-based objectives is a plus
- Clear experience working in a fast-paced environment
- The ideal candidate will be:
- Bilingual in Dutch (native level) and English
- Self-driven and organised
- Confident engaging with teams inside and outside of e-commerce
- Able to work in a multicultural setting
RATE (based on a 6 month contract)
B Starting from £175 (based on experience)
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and covering letter. The interviews are to be conducted immediately, followed by a short test before a start date in October
POSTED Sep 22
Health and Wellness Writers at Codeless Interactive
Location: Anywhere; 100% Remote; Freelance
Content Writer (Health & Wellness Writers)
Codeless is a content production agency looking to add depth to our writer bench.
We’re looking for committed freelance writers with experience in the content writing field, focused on health and medical writing — particularly in the field of dermatology. You’d be writing 1000-2000 word pieces for an industry-leading client, focused on skin health.
These pieces must be backed by medical research while written in a way the average consumer can understand.
Preference will be given to writers with a background or credentials in dermatology or a related medical field. You’ll have a minimum of 3 years working in the health or beauty space on heavily researched and cited articles. Most importantly, you’ll have experience in writing engaging blog content tailored to our client’s audience.
Please provide links to recent examples of published content.
Things to note:
- If you’re hired, we’ll provide you with a clear writing process, support documentation for every client, and an awesome editorial team.
- We’re a virtual, remote company. There are no official work hours or vacation days. We’ll try to treat you like an adult who wants to get better every day and will hit deadlines without being babysat. In return, you can work wherever/whenever you want.
- We’ll give you real, hands-on work with big clients.
- We’re pretty flexible and casual, but we only accept high quality work. We’re not going to micromanage, so you need to be a responsible self-starter, and a fast learner with a high level of attention to detail.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Managing Editor at Codeless
POSTED Sep 22
Media Writer at PETA
To write news releases, pitches, and other press materials that promote various PETA and PETA affiliate campaigns and events
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Write news releases, pitches, and other press materials requested by the Communications Department, other departments, and PETA’s international affiliates
- Write and edit official letters to media
- Write interview facts for staff spokespeople and statements for the media for all campaigns and projects
- Review all news release request forms with a critical eye and determine what information is appropriate for press materials
- Keep up to date on PETA’s and its affiliates’ campaigns and incorporate changing elements into press materials
- Apply PETA’s in-house style guide to all written press materials
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of professional writing experience; newspaper or magazine writing experience preferable
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of the media industry
- Interest in animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
- Ability to handle stressful situations with diplomacy
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional manner
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and follow through
- Proven ability to make sound judgments and work independently
- Proven excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Support for PETA’s philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate PETA’s positions on issues
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
The salary range for this position is $42,980.18 – $64,480.00 annually. The ultimate salary within this range that will be offered to a qualified candidate will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and the cost of living in the area in which the candidate will live and work.
A list of benefits available to qualified employees is available here.
POSTED Sep 22
Senior Technical Writer at Ginkgo Bioworks
Senior Technical Writer
at Ginkgo Bioworks Inc. (View all jobs)
Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms.
You will be a member of the Digital Technology Knowledge Management (DTKM) team, a team of technical writers and knowledge management specialists who work remotely from across the United States. The DTKM team works alongside product managers, product designers, software engineers, and scientists to ensure the scientists have the software tools and accompanying documentation and training content they need to do their work efficiently. The team also provides the broader Digital Technology department with technical documentation and knowledge management support.
In this role, you will be responsible for documenting our in-house scientific software and workflows for end users, maintaining and organizing that content to keep it up-to-date and easy to find, and writing documentation for other Digital Tech needs. In addition, you will contribute to the overall knowledge management strategy and processes within the department to ensure the vast amounts of knowledge is properly documented. The ideal technical writer has excellent communication and organizational skills, has a background in biology or a strong interest in learning the field, and works effectively in a complex and fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
This is a remote position with the option to work on-site in Boston, MA or Emeryville, CA. Remote and Emeryville-based employees are expected to travel to our Boston headquarters approximately four times per year for three to five business days.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of technical information from subject matter experts
- Develop, organize, write, and maintain user-friendly content (e.g., software documentation, job aides, technical specifications, and user training) to translate complex information into clear, concise, and engaging content for multiple audiences
- Evaluate and improve current content
- Educate stakeholders on technical writing and knowledge management principles/supporting technologies and guide others to develop their documentation practices
- Stay current on technical documentation, knowledge management, and document management best practices and new solutions in the industry, such as AI-enabled knowledge base solutions
- Break down complex problems into actionable steps for managing your projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical and scientific concepts and clearly explain those concepts to others in writing
- Demonstrated ability managing against deadlines, including coordinating others to help meet these deadlines
- Ability to thrive and stay calm in a fast-paced, high-pressure, ever-changing environment
- Willingness to be proactive, working both independently and collaboratively
- 5+ years of software technical writing or related experience in a role requiring extensive written or verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree. No Bachelor’s, but equivalent training will be considered.
Preferred Capabilities and Experience
- Degree in biology, education, computer science, knowledge management, technical writing, or a related field
- Experience working in Life Sciences, biotech, or education a plus
- Knowledge of/experience with a variety of work management and documentation tools, e.g., Google Suite, Atlassian Suite including Confluence and Jira, Git, Whatfix, and Moveworks
Total compensation for this role is market driven, with a starting salary of $110K+, as well as company stock awards. Base pay is ultimately determined based on a candidate’s skills, expertise, and experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision coverage, health spending accounts, voluntary benefits, leave of absence policies, Employee Assistance Program, 401(k) program with employer contribution, 8 paid holidays in addition to a full-week winter shutdown and unlimited Paid Time Off policy.
POSTED Sep 20
Copywriter & Content Marketing at Tufin
As the Content Marketing Contractor at Tufin, you will be responsible for developing and executing content strategies that engage and educate our target audiences.
Tufin is a leading network security policy management organization that caters to cybersecurity and network security professionals. You will be responsible for creating compelling and informative content that positions us as a thought leader in the network security policy management space and drives brand awareness, customer engagement, and lead generation.
- Content Creation: Produce high-quality and engaging content, including blog posts, articles, whitepapers, case studies, infographics, emails, and more.
- Tailored Messaging: Collaborating closely with product marketing managers, channel marketing, and internal teams like customer success, you'll develop messaging, content, and communications that are tailored to different personas and market segments.
- SEO Optimization: Optimize content for search engines to improve organic traffic and rankings, staying up-to-date with SEO best practices.
- Editorial Calendar: Manage and maintain an editorial calendar to ensure consistent and timely content publication.
- Performance Analysis: Use analytics tools to measure the performance of content and campaigns, making data-driven decisions to improve results.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the marketing team, subject matter experts, and external partners to gather insights and information for content creation.
- Stay Informed: Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the cybersecurity industry to create relevant and timely content.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- 3-7 years of proven experience in content marketing, preferably in the cybersecurity or technology sector.
POSTED Sep 20
Staff Technical Writer at Mozilla
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, the content discovery platform. More than 270 million people around the world use its products each month.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff are driven by our vision of becoming the trusted guide to a joyful internet. We design, build and distribute software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
MDN Web Docs is the premier technical reference for web developers, with over 17 million global users and 1,000 volunteer content contributors per month working to help make a better web. Web developers love MDN, and we are looking for an experienced web developer with proven technical writing skills who can help us continue to deliver the best possible content for developers.
Our team is highly distributed; working fully remotely is acceptable.
What You'll Get To Do
This Includes But Is Not Limited To
- Writing technical documentation for web developers, such as reference docs, guides, and tutorials.
- Updating GitHub repos with related information such as browser compatibility data.
- Crafting sample code and demos.
- Acquiring source information from web standards specifications, internal project documentation & bugs, and conversations with browser engineers and other team members.
- Soliciting technical and editorial reviews and incorporating feedback.
- Helping to triage and prioritize documentation bugs, and updating those bugs with documentation status.
- Providing reviews and edits on documentation written by others.
- Providing input and feedback on content strategy and roadmaps that define future MDN work.
- Identifying gaps in current developer documentation and proposing future roadmap items.
- Interacting actively and positively with a volunteer community of writers, developers and translators, providing direction or mentoring where appropriate.
- Taking ownership for handling high-value technical writing projects ranging in scope from small (a few days or a week, with 1-2 team members) to large (several months, multiple team members).
- Contributing to the scoping and implementation of MDN platform improvements as required.
- At least 4-5 years of relevant experience researching and writing documentation, code examples, and demos for web developers.
- Experience using Git and related tools such as GitHub.
- Familiarity with bug tracking software (for example, Jira, Bugzilla)
- Can read and understand technical specifications (for example, W3C, WHATWG, or TC39 specs).
- Ability to publish information using HTML, Markdown, and other online collaborative technologies.
- Ability to cope with fast-paced and constantly evolving environments.
- Able to communicate clearly in English, but English doesn’t need to be your first language.
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team of employees and volunteers.
Bonus Points For
- Experience working with open source communities, extra bonus if you have contributed to MDN and/or Mozilla.
- Experience with modern web development workflows (using linters, etc.).
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience with front-end frameworks, such as React, Vue, and Svelte
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
- Group: D
- Req ID: R2224
- Hiring Ranges:
- Remote Germany
- €68.000—€100.000 EUR