POSTED Oct 6
Full Stack Engineer at divido
We're an award winning FinTech, most recently listed by the Financial Times as one of the top 10 fastest growing fintechs in Europe. Divido is a global software platform enabling lenders, retailers and payments processors to provide checkout finance to their customers. Divido is positioned as the enterprise software which enables multi-national banks and lenders to compete with early entrant BNPL pioneers and offer a more flexible solution to large international merchants.
Founded in 2014, Divido currently comprises 70 people based in a single office in London, although it services clients across 7 markets. In June 2021, Divido announced a $30mn Series B round that will be used to accelerate international expansion and product development. Divido is backed by a blend of high-calibre VCs (Dawn Capital, DN Capital) and strategic partners (HSBC Holdings, ING Ventures, American Express Ventures, Mastercard). Coupled with the significant financial backing received, the business is on the precipice of rapid growth and internationalisation.
About the role
The Lender team looks after our entire suite of applications and services related to lender integrations. Our mission is to provide a stable, secure platform both to clients and to other teams within Divido. As an Engineer in the lender team, you'll have a varied and challenging workload. On any given day, you could be:
- Helping to diagnose and fix a client issue
- Refactoring some existing code to be clearer, or more performant
- Writing documentation for our services
- Improving our test suites
- Reviewing pull requests submitted by colleagues and providing detailed, actionable feedback
What you'll bring to Divido
- Full lifecycle application development
- Design, code and debug applications in various software languages
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
- Robust software testing and quality assurance.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Evaluate, recommend and select 3rd party components which will make the development life cycle shorter and more productive
- At least 18 months' experience in software development
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Experience working with APIs
- Attention to detail
- A sense of empathy and a desire to collaborate
- A willingness to learn new skills
At Divido, you will not only have the opportunity to work with the brightest and best from the fintech industry, you will get to collaborate and share your expertise to transform retail finance.
Our multinational and diverse team is focussed on setting a new global standard for retail finance and you could be a part of this exciting mission at a time of high-growth in the sector.
As well as a joining a group of passionate of people, here are some of the other benefits you'll receive:
- Options in the company - no matter your level, every Divido employee is a shareholder in the business
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays - with the addition of one extra day for every year worked
- Private healthcare with Vitality and a cycle to work scheme to keep you fit and healthy
- International remote working: giving you the flexibility to be with family and friends, or a change of scenery
- Matched paid parental leave, to support new parents, equally
- Home set-up allowance to help you work comfortably and safely at home
- Senior Software Engineer II, Product Engineering - Fleet
- Anywhere (100% Remote) OnlyFulltime
POSTED Oct 6
Senior Software Engineer II, Product Engineering - Fleet at Cruise
We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Commerce Operations group is responsible for bringing autonomous vehicles to market. We define and build applications, tools, and services that enable Commercialization and Fleet management. Our apps empower the Cruise fleet of autonomous vehicles on road and ensure our end users are safe and comfortable in those vehicles.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Design and implement full-stack solutions to develop our growing suite of operational tools; enhancing our ability to deploy, monitor, and control our fleet of autonomous vehicles.
- Own the quality of development and deployed code to our production services and surfaces.
- Raise the bar on engineering excellence by producing best in class of code, documentation, testing, and monitoring
- Work collaboratively to establish and execute on large, multi-team programs
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE:
- Although this position is full stack, and the work spans front-end and back-end systems, for this role in particular we are looking to hire a candidate with deep experience in frontend development.
- Experience building modern front-ends using React, Webpack, Babel, or similar tools
- Experience building scalable backend APIs using Node.js, Go, or similar languages
- Experience with relational databases
- 5+ years of production-level experience building full stack applications
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and drive for building an amazing product
BONUS POINTS FOR BEING FAMILIAR WITH:
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- Experience with Typescript, React.js, React Native, GraphQL
- Experience with telephony/teleconferencing/instant messaging at production scale
Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
*Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives. *
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
*At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event. *
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
**Note to Recruitment Agencies:* Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.*
- Beyond Identity
- Senior Software Engineer - Windows Platform
- Anywhere (100% Remote) OnlyFulltime
POSTED Oct 6
Senior Software Engineer - Windows Platform at Beyond Identity
The ideal candidate for this position will be a motivated, self-driven individual contributor that will proactively work to improve our core Windows Platform. The candidate must be results-oriented, must have the ability to multitask and meet aggressive deadlines. It’s expected that the candidate will have deep enough domain knowledge to participate in product strategy, design and implementation. The ideal candidate must be an effective communicator, candid, a consensus-builder, approachable, relatable and inspire trust and confidence in others. The candidate must also be a people person who is able to make meaningful and long-lasting connections with others.
- Build and maintain a hybrid Windows platform using .NET/C++/WPF
- Work effectively in a distributed, agile software development team.
- Participate in systems design and align business needs with the proper technology.
- Building solutions that work for all services offered by Azure and Microsoft as well as extend to work where our customer enterprises run their applications beyond Azure.
- 8-10 years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience working on the Windows platform.
- Knowledge of C#, .Net, Windows frameworks, and the Windows ecosystem.
- Technical knowledge of Azure cloud architecture and services
- Proficiency with asynchronous programming methods
- Experience in developing high-scale & high availability services
POSTED Oct 6
Senior iOS / MacOS Developer at Windscribe
Work with a team of software engineers building and maintaining open source desktop, mobile and command line clients used by millions of users. These clients strive to provide the best privacy and security features available on the respective platform, in a fashion that makes it accessible to the average user.
This role has a focus on the Apple ecosystem, primarily iOS, but MacOS expertise would be a great benefit.
What you’ll do
- Learn and understand the product and its varied environments at a deep level
- Digest high level business goals into product release road maps
- Work collaboratively with the team to make sure all work is delegated in an efficient manner
- Support the team in completing release cycles on time and with high quality
- Contribute to the project by coding, testing, debugging and iterating on the product
- Build internal tools/processes to remove repetitive tasks or speed up slow ones
- Liaison with the community on new releases to validate any changes and ensure quality
- Work closely with the internal and external QA teams to discover and fix issues end-to-end
What you’ll need
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivation and excitement about working on hard problems
- 5+ Years of software engineering experience
- 3+ Years of development with Swift
- Excellent knowledge of computer science fundamentals (stack, heap, pointers, data structures, algorithms, etc)
- Detailed knowledge of the HTTP/TLS protocol and ability work work with RESTful APIs in less than ideal network conditions (restrictive corporate/school networks, government level firewalls)
Bonus if you have
- MacOS application development experience in QT environment
- Experience with Objective-C, C, or C++
- Experience with OpenVPN, IPSec/IKEv2, Wireguard
- Experience with unit testing and UI testing in iOS
- Good understanding of networking and related protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, routing, etc)
- Experience maintaining open source software
- Any Android (Kotlin) development experience
- Years of being a Windscribe users
How we’ll help
- Goals - Provide clear and concise objectives along with the resources to succeed
- Process - Develop the best internal processes to empower better work, through iteration, measurement and continuous improvement.
- Autonomy - We trust you to be excellent at what you do. We will provide as much support as needed when needed, but no more. You will have autonomy and agency to drive projects forward, and own decisions and outcomes.
- Education - Provide access to resources like books, courses and deep technical challenges that will keep your skills improving continuously
- Work for a company with a meaningful purpose - free and unrestiected access to information
- Full health/dental benefits (if in Canada)
- RRSP matching (if in Canada)
- Options pool eligibility after 1 year
- Choose your own device
- Flexible work hours in an informal setting (if you want to work out of the office - we're remote first)
- Free grub
- VR station with dozens of games and a ton of entertainment options (at the office)
POSTED Oct 6
Senior Backend Software Engineer and Architect at ROADZ
Roadz is building an innovative big data platform for the connected cars market. We are looking for passionate individuals who are interested in joining Roadz at an early stage to help shape this rapidly evolving space in a collaborative and fun environment.
Building sophisticated highly scalable systems for connected vehicles requires cutting edge software solutions built on distributed data-driven principles. The ideal candidate for this position will play an important role in building scalable cloud based distributed SaaS systems to enable a wide range of applications for connected vehicles and fleets.
What Roadz offers:
- Extremely exciting technology in a largely untapped domains of connected vehicles, electric vehicles, fleet management and more
- Top tier medical, dental, vision benefits
- Generous personal time off allowance
- Work / life balance
- 401k retirement account
- Dynamic engaged teammates
- Significant experience implementing large software systems using microservices
- Strong background in at least one web application framework (Django, Flask, Node.js, Play), including the use of an ORM
- Relational and Non-relational databases with significant data modeling experience
- Deep knowledge of Python
- Experience using distributed asynchronous message queues (eg; RabbitMQ, Kinesis, SQS)
- Expert knowledge of RESTful web service principles, design and implementation
- Deep knowledge of user authentication and authorization schemes
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical stuff plainly
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience with public cloud services, AWS strongly preferred
- Experience with Linux, Git, and other command line tools
- Experience building unit testing as part of the ongoing software development
- Experience working in an Agile development methodology and associated tools
- Stay self-motivated and driven
- Minimum of 3 years experience in backend or full-stack engineering roles
Nice to Have:
- Experience integrating data visualization and reporting tools like Tableau or similar
- Work demonstrated by a GitHub account, personal web page, or prior experience
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools (eg; CircuitCity, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo)
- Familiarity with streaming data storage solutions
- Deep knowledge of PostgreSQL, and MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Single Sign-On scheme infrastructures and services
- Understanding and using caching in large web applications and persistence layers
- IOT / Connected Car / Telematics Data applications
As a Software Engineer, you will build sophisticated cutting edge highly scalable software systems with a group of passionate mission-driven people.
This is a rare opportunity to join a highly innovative, high potential, funded startup, as one of the first engineers, and help architect and build the future of the connected cars market.
POSTED Oct 6
Front-End Developer - React Native at Kinnd
Kinnd is solving the growing epidemic of loneliness by revolutionizing the digital friend-making experience. We believe that finding a lover, a date or a life-partner is very different from making a new best friend so we’ve created a new kind of connection platform. Kinnd positions mutual vulnerability, generosity, reciprocity and on-going energy exchange at the center of everything we build. We require all our members to play active roles in the community by offering their unique skills, wisdom, and energy to one another as the “ice-breaker” for the friendship to be born. Kinnd combines 1-on-1 friend pairing with social networking features and games designed to help people not only find new friends but maintain and strengthen their friendship online. Our north star is to eradicate loneliness worldwide by 2030.
Kinnd is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to join our team! We highly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA2S+ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please contact us to let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We are looking for a Front-End Developer that is passionate about disrupting the Digital Friend-Making space and combating loneliness. We want to hear from you if you have previous experience working with React.js or react native and can translate UI designs and technical requirements into high-quality code.
- Able to collaborate with designers and developers to create a web application
- Create reusable effective and scalable react-native components
- Translate UI designs and technical requirements into high-quality code
- Test and update web applications so that it can be used on Android and - IOS devices
- Deploy to app store and google play store
- Experience with user interface design
- Understanding of animations and transitions
- Previous experience working with React.js or react native
- Familiar with RESTful APIs and integration with third-party apis
- Familiar with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Git or version control experience
- You are passionate about our problem space and building native applications
- You are self-directed and highly motivated
- You can comfortably collaborate in a cross-functional environment
- You are an excellent communicator and have done work on yourself to understand your strengths and weaknesses
- You can articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
COVID-19 - WHAT WE ARE DOING TO SUPPORT EMPLOYEES
As a small team, launching a big dream while working remotely during the time of COVID-19 we believe it is more important than ever to practice what we preach by maintaining and strengthening our bonds as a team and helping employees to focus on their well-being during this trying time. To do this we have implemented the following:
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited mental health days (separate from sick days and may be taken anytime you feel you need a mental break)
- Meditation sessions before every all-team meeting with our founder Laura
- Digital team retreats
POSTED Oct 6
Front-End Engineer (Contractor $20/hr) at aiR health
Our mission is to improve community health by providing next-generation software for independent pharmacies to focus on their patients.
Independent pharmacies are a critical part of community health, often the most reliable lever for adherence and compliance. In fact, patients see their pharmacists more times per year on average than their primary care physician.
At airx health, we are rethinking software for community pharmacists by providing a modern cloud-based pharmacy management system because we recognize their importance and the need for better solutions. We have recently raised $1m in pre-seed funding and our advisors and partners have built multi-million dollar software companies.
We are pre-product and moving fast. We offer very competitive compensation and meaningful equity. The founders have helped scale startups previously and are backed by some of the most talented entrepreneurs in the world.
Why work with us?
- You will get a chance to be an early team member and make an immediate impact by working closely with the CTO.
- You will see how a successful engineering-driven tech startup is built from the ground up.
- Help independent pharmacy owners care for their patients and grow their own businesses.
- Work in a high-growth work environment where ambitious people can thrive.
At airx health, we are using Typescript, React.js, Python and Django, in an AWS SaaS environment. We are looking for front-end software engineers.
- 2+ years of experience working as a front-end engineer
- Experience architecting, developing, and testing front-end code end-to-end
- Experience with Typescript and React.js
- Experience with Python and Django
- Experience working with relational databases (Postgres)
- Experience with AWS services
- Entrepreneurial mindset (we encourage all employees to be future founders and this can be a great stepping stone towards that)
- Customer-centric and passionate about increasing access to healthcare and helping independent pharmacies grow
- Previous experience building health tech infrastructure
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup
- Location: Fully remote
- Salary: $20/hr
POSTED Oct 6
Senior Full Stack Developer (.NET & Vue.js) at Jibble
About The Job
As part of an ambitious team, you’ll work with a cutting-edge tech stack. Continuous learning and applying new and emerging technologies and methodologies make this an exciting opportunity for you to expand and deepen your skills on the job.
Besides back-end and front-end development, you will be deeply involved in the design process - offering feedback and input in meetings with product managers and designers when planning new features and products. The position offers a competitive salary and a fully remote work environment.
Who we are looking for:
- At least 3-5 years of commercial development experience
- At least 3-5 years of .NET & C# experience, preferably with .NET Core
- At least 2-3 years of SQL experience, preferably with PostgreSQL and EF Core 5
- At least 2+ years of VueJS experience
- Experience with Message Broker (preferably RabbitMQ) and AWS Cloud is an advantage
- Experience with OpenAPI standard.
- Experience working in remote teams is an advantage
- Agile (Kanban) software development experience
- Located within UTC - UTC+8 time zones
Your responsibilities will include:
- Improving existing features of the product and working on new features as we continue to scale
- Ensuring code quality and standards while meeting deadlines and delivering targets set by the product team
- Working closely with product managers and data analysts to improve the overall product, the design team to improve the user experience, and the front-end team for design implementation
- Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary package
- Fully remote work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible annual leave policy
- Annual product team meetups
- Personal development budget
- Annual device reimbursement budget
Our Tech Stack and Tools:
- Microservice API based on .NET Core 3.1
- Relational Database PostgreSQL
- Deployment on AWS Elastic Container Service
- Vue 2 with Composition API, fully typed using TypeScript
- Vuetify as Material Design framework
- UI/UX Designs in Figma
- Atlassian Jira for ticket & sprint management
- Atlassian Confluence for written specifications and documentation
- Slack for any kind of team communication
- Our Joel Test Score
- Source control
- One-step build
- Daily builds
- Bug database
- Fix bugs before writing new code
- Up-to-date schedule
- Specifications for existing & new features
- Quiet working conditions
- Best tools money can buy
- Testers & automated tests
- Hallway usability testing
POSTED Oct 6
Software engineer at Adriel
We are a well-funded South Korean startup with a young, international and talented team of ~50.
We are building data-heavy dashboards for enterprises, and we are also regularly trying new projects. You can check our info on adriel.com
We are looking for a great dev: back, front, or full-stack. We are also looking for a dev-ops dev.
What we are looking for:
- Master in javscript.
- Some IT work experience or CS degree.
- Strong knowledge of at least one framework: vuejs, react, nodejs+express, or similar.
- Smart and willing to learn.
- Autonomous and motivated.
The best candidates would know well performance optimization, error monitoring, linux server management, DB optimization, etc....
We can also provide E-7 visas if needed.
Exciting to meet you,
The Adriel team.
POSTED Oct 6
Frontend Developer React.js at Cactus Verify
CactusVerify is an AI-based software that helps companies to identify and verify customers remotely. We serve customers from various industries such as Finance, Gambling, Communication, etc. Our mission is to help Medium and small businesses dramatically reduce onboarding time and cost for each customer.
Currently, we are looking for Front-end Developer who will care about product development with our talented team.
Join us and experience working in a real startup environment full of exciting challenges and interesting tasks. We’re always looking for doers and hustlers, independent thinkers, and creatives to join our mission and get things done!
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- At least 3 years of experience in React.js
- Knowledge of ES6
- Knowledge of TypeScript
- Knowledge of RESTful and GraphQL web services
- Working experience with Git code management system
- Sophisticated ability to write code (understandable, usable, easy to understand)
- Good teamwork and communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation depends on experience and skills
- Work on the enterprise-level project
- Work in a professional team
- A fully remote or hybrid working environment, depending on your preferences
- Health insurance
- Editorialist YX
- Senior/Lead Backend Engineer - Catalog Ecommerce
- Anywhere (100% Remote) OnlyFulltime
POSTED Oct 6
Senior/Lead Backend Engineer - Catalog Ecommerce at Editorialist YX
Editorialist YX melds personal styling, editorial content, and shopping into one seamless digital experience powered by proprietary technology and e-commerce tools.Editorialist.com, our media property, delivers sophisticated content and commerce to aspirational and affluent consumers. Our stories connect readers with the bespoke product and service solutions for fashion, accessories, beauty, and wellness needs. The cornerstone of our tech platform—the YX app—blends content, digital services, and e-commerce for our elite clientele, individuals with an average net worth in excess of $550 million. Our co-founder and CEO Rafael Ortiz previously co-founded NexTag, the largest comparison shopping site for products and services, and was responsible for marketing and business development until its sale for $1.2 billion.
**Key Skills - Kafka,Micro-services,Restful,caching,Redis,JAVA,Spring,e-commerce product experience
- Lead a part of our core catalog team to ensure the highest standards of design, implementation, performance, and scalability
- Work closely with the product team to ensure all customer needs are met
- Own the design and architecture of key roadmap items and do the coding to create a scaffolding that the developers can use
- Own and lead the PoC efforts on critical and core long-term features using open-source technologies
- Help the team execute the design and perform a code review on a daily basis to ensure it's being done correctly
- Help the team imbibe the habit of writing high-quality code, unit/integration test cases, and using CI/CD pipelines with equal focus on functional as well as non-functional items
- Graduation/Post Graduation in Computer Science or related fields
- Min 5 years of experience working in product companies, preferably in high-volume, consumer-facing secure applications
- Expertise in Java and Spring F/W (Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring ORM, Spring Rest, Spring Cloud)
- Expertise in relational database design and query via both SQL
- Exposure to any NoSQL database like Elasticsearch or other document-oriented databases
- Expertise in Microservice architecture, including REST API design
- Good knowledge of asynchronous data pipelines using Kafka or AWS SNS/SQS or similar modern messaging framework
- Good knowledge of AWS or other public cloud environments
- Hands-on experience with Redis Cache, Memcache, or Ehcache
- Expertise in domain-driven design is a huge plus
- Knowledge of any scripting language is a huge plus
- You have experience working at an e-commerce marketplace or at an agency having handled eCommerce clients
- You are a team player who is comfortable working across an organization that is growing while doing.
- You communicate regularly and clearly with your co-workers and are never afraid to ask questions.
- You love what you do and are curious about all facets of EYX.
- Mediclaim Benefits
- Sat-Sunday Fixed Off.
- Retiral Benefits.
- Gym Membership
POSTED Oct 6
Senior ReactJS Engineer at starryai
🌃 About starryai
starryai’s mission is to democratize ai art generation. Through providing an easy to use interface we save our users time and money navigating through the latest AI art methods. With over 3 million creations and counting! We are now looking to scale our team. Come join the fun! 😃
As a lead frontend engineer, you will be responsible for building and owning the web applications that power our ai art generation products at scale.
- Collaborate with the design team and the backend team to build new customer-facing UIs and flows for security analysis and automation, while maintaining the quality and improving the experience of existing products.
- Achieve a high level of technical productivity and quality, using up-to-date technologies, patterns and processes.
👩💻👨💻 About You
- Consistent record of shipping high-quality features.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience.
- Significant experience building frontend applications using React.
- Familiarity with principles of good user experience.
- Bonus points: experience working with ReactNative.
- Flexible working hours (you make your own schedule)
- Meaningful Equity (for full-time roles)
- Unlimited PTO + Other Benefits (for full-time roles)
*For your application to be considered please share live work samples. *
POSTED Oct 6
React Developer at Fluidity Money
Fluidity is looking for talented frontend developers interested in supporting a fast-growing code pipeline with unique security constraints.
Having completed a seed round backed by the biggest players in the space we are looking to shore up our backend talent with a motivated high-value performer. A willingness to learn, a drive and talent is required.
Let’s be real: there is zero incentive to buy things day to day in the real world using crypto. It’s about as expensive as using your Mastercard and not accessible most of the time. That’s because up until now, crypto spending has lacked that “killer feature” that The Real World can’t emulate.
Fluidity has worked with a university and designed an entirely new rewards technology. We have broken new ground on raffle design on the absolute bleeding edge. We have created a way to incentivise spending with a random dividend reward every purchase, every single time, regardless of the amount being spent and the wealth of the spender. In the real world, this translates into a farmer living on $5 a week making a life-changing amount, changing the financial destiny of their community, without spending an extra dime.
We are building the ultimate form of financial inclusion: providing the poorest without a full dollar to their name access to interest-bearing instruments.
In the crypto-native ecosystem we are pioneering the notion of the incentive layer: a plug and play thin protocol into most existing products and technologies that incentivises using the platform. All of this is accomplished with the novel designs of the Transfer Reward Function and the Elastic Sigmoid Curve, which you can read about on our website at https://fluidity.money .
We love experimentation and a can-do attitude. Our very special team comes from a multidisciplinary background and we love openness and a willingness to fail. Our culture of experimentation is built on a shared story of beating the odds and breaking new ground. We love moving fast and people who are passionate about what they do and the great mission that we’re undertaking to change the financial destiny of hundreds of millions of people. If that sounds like you, we would love for you to get in touch.
Responsibilities and skills
Experience developing and maintaining a TypeScript-based React/Reflex webapp
Experience working with Storybook
Strong attention to detail and understanding of UI/UX design principles
Experience working in a fast-paced distributed team environment
Willingness to learn and to take ownership and initiative
Experience observing and implementing best practices in a small to medium codebase
Experience observing and following best practice continuous integration systems and strategies
Bonus skills and desired experiences
Experience working with blockchain technologies, distributed systems or financial applications
Go programming experience
Education and experience/licenses
- Formal experience not required, provided proficiency is demonstrable.
Application questions (pick and choose and add to your documentation please)
Which programming languages are you experienced with? What's your favourite, what are you the most comfortable with?
What's your favourite frontend framework?
Are you driven to virtual dom technologies more so than server-side templating-based ones? Why?
How many years of experience do you have in a programming role? How did you get started? What are you interested in?
What do you use to manage state in your webapps? Why?
What development environment do you use? Why?
Extra competitive salary
Extra compensation based on performance
Budget for home office furnishings
Emphasis on shared learning and internal training
Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup building an entirely new never-before-seen defi primitive
(30 minutes) Ivan and Alex have a fun chat with you to feel out your personality and what makes you tick as an individual
We check your references and/or public code - if applicable!
(45 minutes) we ask you some technical questions to gauge your level of technical expertise
Technical weekend challenge - we send you a task to complete over an hour at your luxury on the weekend
POSTED Oct 6
Senior Frontend Engineer (React.js) at GOhiring GmbH
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer (React.js) – f/m/d to join our profitable, remote-first B2B SaaS company. Join us on our mission to empower thousands of enterprise customers to make data-based recruitment decisions. You will be working on the full stack of the whole product ecosystem, contributing to tasks of all sizes. We are proud of our top-notch tech stack and are serious about following best practices (CI, TDD, PRs, code reviews, good design practices). If you are a creative problem solver who loves code quality and thought-through processes, an international remote-first workplace is waiting for you!
- You’re not just a little cog in a big wheel: You will work mainly on the frontend of the whole product-ecosystem and contribute to tasks of all sizes (including developing products from scratch)
- You’re a creative problem solver: You will implement impactful and sustainable solutions to complex and varying challenges
- You make a difference: As an integral part of an experienced development team you’ll work in close collaboration with product managers, testers and our data warehouse team (suggestions in the stack, architecture or patterns which might improve our code base/processes are welcome)
- Frontend transition: Help us standardize the way we do frontend in our transition towards React (from custom JS and Ember)
- We love code quality and don’t like putting out fires: Work on our up to date tech stack and follow best practices with us (CI, TDD, PRs, code reviews and good design practices). Proactively monitor and optimize for security and performance
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- At least 2 years of experience with React.js
- Good knowledge of Ruby
- Advocate of high code quality and engineering best practices
- Experience with tools built on top of REST API and JSON API
- It comes naturally to you to write your own tests with Jest and you have experience with acceptance testing in other frameworks (for example, Capybara in Ruby)
- You’re located +-4 hours CET
- Fluent in English
- A small cluster of microservices. Hosted on Heroku, supported by AWS (RDS, S3, CloudFront, CloudWatch), with RabbitMQ for async communication. Docker for easy development setup
- Ruby, Rails, Postgres, React.js (client-facing) and Ember.js (internal tools)
- REST, JSON API
- CircleCI. Unit tests, integration tests and linters everywhere
- GitHub. 100 % commitment to code review
- ZenHub for seamless kanban project management in GitHub
- Making a big difference in a small team: We celebrate the benefits of a small team – direct collaboration, creative freedom, growing and learning together. You’ll never be just a little cog in a big wheel, but always be part of the big picture
- The perfect environment to grow: You’ll not only work with a top-notch tech stack, but find optimum conditions to grow – professionally and personally
- You will join a senior engineering and product team that is really, really serious about code quality and best practices: Work on challenging, interesting problems while relying on thought-through processes and a setup that just works
- Award winning remote setup that connects people: Meet the team for one week twice a year in varying locations in Europe (join now to be part of our next offsite on an island in 2022)
- Work equipment of your choice: For your mobile job you will receive a laptop and technical setup of your choice. We’ll also take care of your mobile phone and internet contract
- Competitive salary package: Base salary plus performance-related company-wide bonus and employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
Want to work together on the future of recruiting?
Simply send us your profile in addition or optionally your Github handle. We are happy to hear from you.
Diversity and equal opportunity are important to us. We are happy about the interest of all candidates and strive to provide feedback as quickly as possible.
GOhiring is a profitable, fast growing B2B SaaS company that empowers thousands of enterprise customers to make data-based recruitment decisions. Our great international team of 25 hand picked geeks is passionate about technology and data – working remotely since 2012. If you would like to work with nice and talented people in a software company that cares about thought-through processes, we are waiting for you!
POSTED Oct 6
Senior Backend Engineer at Drops Language Learning
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
Remote, permanent, full-time position
Do you have a soft spot for profitable companies with a meaningful, globally used and loved product? Would you like to work within a compact, super-capable team in a refreshing work environment? Would you like to work on an application that is changing the way we learn and communicate? Drops could be the place for you.
Our goal at Drops is to ensure effective language learning through a delightful, seamless, gamified experience. We strive to be the #1 app for vocabulary learning. Our app has been live on the App Store for 4 years, covering 43 languages, serving over 30 million users across the globe and has been featured on both the App Store (App of the Day) and Play Store (App of the Year in 2018). Drops has also been featured by TechCrunch, FastCo, Forbes, CNN, Bloomberg, VentureBeat and many, many more. In short, we’re a tiny but very powerful team spread (mostly) across Europe, achieving great things the remote way! In December 2020, Drops was acquired by Kahoot!, the world’s leading game-based learning platform
Check us out here: https://languagedrops.com
You’ve been working within product companies for a while now and have extensive backend and infrastructure engineering experience. Perhaps you were a key team member that nursed a startup to technical success or you hit the ground running in an already successful growth company. There are bonus points up for grabs for backend/technical lead or principal engineer experience!
You’re a no-nonsense individual with senior level experience, comfortable in implementing projects across the backend. Be it feature work or infrastructure tech debt, you’ve got a solid understanding of type safe development, comfortable working with databases, writing serverless business logic and operating in an AWS infrastructure. You enjoy the challenge of solving internal technology hurdles while growing a product with millions of MAU. Scaling is one thing, but taking ownership and delivery of security and standards is another important part of the role.
Drops is a deliberately small, but super effective team. You’re naturally drawn to the fate of the products & driven to grow as an engineer rather than to manage people
You are excited by variety (it’s the spice of life!) – In this role, you’ll be:
- Developing backend features for an app deployable to both web and app stores
- Building internal infrastructure/tooling within AWS and GCP
- Enhancing platform security
- Keeping our build times down in automation, deploying and testing
- Ensuring our availability is in the 5 9’s category
You’ll be a core part of the engineering team, working on both our main products (Drops, Droplets, Scripts & Visual Dictionary) and internal development challenges with split work between backend feature development and infrastructure challenges.
- Support the product team through feature development and bug fixing
- Scaling and enhancing security across infrastructure/ops work
- Work with the CTO on the backend technical roadmap, vision and take responsibility for delivering the improvements
- Communicate effectively with product managers, QA engineers, frontend developers and the marketing team
- Assist in levelling up our engineers through individual talent development pipelines, demos and learning sessions
- Be part of our on-call rota across the engineering team (1 in 5)
What’d be different here:
- We’re a small team. We’re optimising for impact, not for headcount. You’ll be carefully considering any tradeoff that would lead to increased complexity
- We have robust coding standards and every pull request needs review and approval before it lands in master. We use the rebase workflow and we release a few times a week
- We’re currently using a single programming language – TypeScript. There are however better placed technology for different jobs which we’d love explore
- Our backend is AWS, deployed multi-region to Lambda and using RDS for our DB. We use Buildkite and Bitrise for our CI
- We’re using react native on the frontend
- We’re using Cognito and Firebase for authentication
- We are BIG on AB testing. We focus on releasing high impact projects and minimise noise
- We’re doing things in a functional way, concentrating state, minimising side effects and making dependencies explicit. We’re sharing 98%+ of the code between Android, iOS and Web
- Our biggest challenge is (and will remain) managing the complexity of sharing a lot of code between different apps
- Extensive experience in software/product development within senior roles
- Experience building apps in a functional environment (serverless)
- Experience architecting and developing complex web or mobile apps
- Experience in scaling internal tooling, promoting development best practices and prioritisation (and ensuring delivery) of technical debt
- Project management experience (everyone manages projects at Drops)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a product growth environment
Drops values clear, honest communication and transparency. It’s the linchpin of our culture, success and freedom. You’ll be involved in both high and low level decision making and available during European working hours (10AM – 6PM CET).
- 🌍 All the perks of remote working
- 👥 An awesomely compact 25 person team
- 🧠 Yearly educational allowance
- 💪 Fitness allowance
- 💻 High-end Apple hardware and ergonomic accessories
- 🏖 36 days of holiday per year
- ✈️ Quarterly team gathering somewhere in the world (Amsterdam, Iceland, Lisbon and Budapest were previous locations)
PS: Hey, this is Bex. I’ll be the one looking at your application. We’re looking for people who want to work for Drops, not just any old company. That’s why I’ll be looking out for short, personal notes instead of copy paste cover letters that tell me what you like about Drops and what you’re hoping working with us would give you. Please add your favourite animal to your application – just to make sure you read right through to the very end of the job description.
POSTED Oct 6
Backend Engineer – Ruby at TheoremOne
Remote Experienced Back End Engineer – Ruby
Join our global team of 450+ craftspeople! We are a consultancy that solves business problems by designing and building highly complex custom software for the world’s leading companies. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
WHO YOU ARE
As our Experienced Back End Engineer, you have deep knowledge of the Ruby language and you make it a habit of learning the mechanics behind the magic of any framework.
You are a passionate technologist with the discipline to create and finish projects. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own. You are a communicator. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Architect and build web applications using Ruby
- Be a leader-contributor on a team creating a distributed system that will change the way people shop and interact in a virtual and physical international retail environment
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- 5 + years of software development experience
- Current strong production experience utilizing Ruby in both Rails and Non-Rails environments is required
- Previous remote work experience is required
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams is required
- Previous experience in a consultative environment is required
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment is required
- Experience in front end development with React is a plus
- Experience in strongly typed languages, like Swift, TypeScript, or similar is a strong plus
- Due to team and client collaboration requirements, the successful candidate will be located between GMT-3 and GMT-8.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- You are able to hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning – Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology
- You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly – you reach out to your teammates even if they aren t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity – you aren t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial – always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally
Unsure if your skills meet all of our requirements?
Benefits and Perks
100% REMOTE – We’re fully distributed
TEAM RETREATS – We value our face to face interaction, so our team enjoys regular retreats (on pause due to Covid-but will kick back off when safe and compliant)
EDUCATION AND CAREER GROWTH – We encourage our team to undertake any professional growth opportunities available, and we offer programs and financial assistance to achieve this!
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND – HAPPY TEAM – We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
COMPANYWIDE VISIBILITY – We operate in a fully transparent environment to ensure we as a company and team have full understanding of where we came from, and where we are going.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE – For US, UK, Canada, Spain, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Argentina, and Brazil based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
POSTED Oct 6
Full Stack Engineer at Almanac Labs
Full Stack Engineer
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to help us build an operating system for distributed work.
Full-time · Remote
Almanac is building a platform that helps people make faster, clearer decisions without meetings.
We are not just building a software product, we’re building infrastructure for a better way of working. Where knowledge workers can collaborate asynchronously to move work forward with transparency and without meetings.
Oriented around a modern document editor, users can draft, review, and organize documents using powerful version control, task-based workflows, and transparent collaboration features.
Almanac is used by the world’s leading remote-first companies like Remote, Levels, and Tandem, and is growing rapidly in verticals from professional services and law firms to academia and the Fortune 5000.
About the role
We’re looking for a hungry, talented engineer who wants to make a big impact at an exciting inflection point in our growth.
You’ll be responsible for building out the intuitive, interactive experiences that our customers need to run their businesses through docs, as well as determining the backend architecture and endpoints that we need to support those features.
Specifically, you will:
- Write elegant, well-tested code in a modern technology stack
- Participate in standups, code reviews, and retros
- Work closely with our team to make architecture and design decisions
- Ensure everything runs smoothly & safely in production
- Create standards around development, code review and deployment
Our tech stack:
- Rails 5.2, Postgres 10.6, React, Algolia
- Team size: ~30 Engineers
Things we :
- Self-documenting JSON APIs, Algolia, BDD, git, continuous delivery, Heroku, vim (ok, maybe just me), Tartine croissants
Experiences that will make you stand out:
- You are confident working across the stack, whether it’s expanding our API or enhancing the frontend
- You are passionate about writing clean and well-thought out code
- You want to karate kick technical debt in the chops
- You’re comfortable writing test suites in a test-driven environment
- You can craft a devastating SQL query to save the day when all else fails
- You are a strong communicator and able to clearly articulate technical problems
- You want to be an early contributor to our engineering culture and work environment
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- Obsession with high-quality work
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to the developing requirements of our users and market
- Love of detailed, continuous feedback that makes the work better
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over scope
- Passion to be an early contributor to our engineering culture and work environment
- Hunger to build a world-changing product
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Interviewing at Almanac
It’s our goal to provide an efficient, transparent interview experience that respects you and your time. Our roles typically have a four stage process (sometimes more) and we like to move through those as quickly as calendars allow. After submitting your application you will hear from us whether you are a strong fit for the role or not! From here you can expect:
- An initial screen with our recruiter
- The opportunity to meet the hiring manager
- Two technical exercises (Q&A + Product Scoping) appropriate to the role
- A leadership interview with a member of our management team
Your time is valuable, so we try to give you as much information as possible throughout our process to make the best decision for you. To start, here’s our open source company handbook, which contains docs about our vision, our virtues, our compensation philosophy, and our approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
POSTED Oct 6
Software Engineer – Application Platform at Figma
Title: Software Engineer – Application Platform
Location: San Francisco or New York or Remote US
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone come make with us!
The Application Platform team is responsible for Figma’s core backend platform. This team develops the application primitives used by backend engineers across the company, like our system for running asynchronous jobs, routing API, data serialization patterns, backfill framework, and more. Application Platform also stewards the core architecture of our backend codebase, with an emphasis on scaling development velocity to our fast-growing engineering team, by defining best practices used across the company and enabling teams to decouple their product verticals from each other. We’re looking for engineers who are passionate about designing clean APIs, creating easy-to-use frameworks, and having a deep empathy for other developers.
Ideal candidates will have experience working in large-scale backend codebases and implementing scalable patterns. They’ve implemented and maintained robust & reliable, distributed systems that form the backbone of core product functionality. Most importantly, they love building for builders.
Check out this recent blog post for a deeper dive into Infra @ Figma!
This is a full–time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Collaborate closely with backend developers to develop the core frameworks and systems the comprise every engineer’s toolbox.
- Take ownership of our core backend architecture and help our codebase scale across a rapidly-growing team.
- Evangelize best practices throughout the engineering team to keep code quality high.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience building infrastructure components / services at scale. You have a proven grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and have a strong interest in distributed systems.
- Are driven by impact. You are willing to work on grungy problems if they have a high impact on the business or the health of the infrastructure.
- Care deeply about the quality of the software / systems you build. You have an artisan approach and are always looking to improve your craft. At the same time you are able to strike the right balance between idealism and pragmatism.
- Have excellent problem solving skills. You use a systematic and thorough approach. You think from first principles. You have a bias for action.
- Have excellent technical communication skills.
- Finally, Figma is a close-knit company with a strong culture that promotes inclusivity and collaboration, taking ambitious goals and having fun doing so. You deeply value these traits and see yourself actively contributing to it.
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma’s next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process idea to design to build and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
POSTED Oct 6
Senior Software Engineer, Crash Analysis at Mozilla
Title: Senior Software Engineer, Crash Analysis
Location: Remote US
A lot of companies say they’re mission-driven . Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product the Firefox browser has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
The OS integration team is a cross-disciplinary team in charge of improving and maintaining Firefox on its various supported operating systems. We make sure it is a first-class citizen that integrates well with the desktop and supports new features offered by the operating system.
Firefox is a complex cross-platform application, and we deal with the operating system specifics. We work on things like crash reporting, interactions with third party software, sandboxing and hardening techniques, and investigate crashes. We develop close to the machine on low-level topics such as browser performance, security, Inter Process Communication (IPC), memory allocators, and power usage.
What You’ll Get To Do
- Contribute to our crash reporting and analysis tools and collaborate with the larger Rust ecosystem to coordinate the development of open source crash reporting tooling.
- Further develop our open source tooling for ensuring the supply-chain security of vendored Rust crates. Sync up with other Rust users in the industry to develop collaborative use cases.
- Assist our backend teams to process, analyze and visualize the crash information you have developed.
- Track upstream development of Rust and LLVM and monitor performance and compatibility with our codebase. Investigate regressions and cooperate with upstream to contribute improvements.
- Collaborate with other teams by providing code review and technical direction.
- Work with a geographically-distributed development team.
What You Bring
- A deep understanding of Rust, knowledge of modern C/C++ and industry experience in one of those languages.
- Experience with executable and library debugging data formats, and related tools.
- Experience with systems programming on multiple operating systems, particularly Windows, Linux, macOS or Android.
- You are an excellent communicator and have participated effectively on a distributed team.
- You’re pragmatic about how to move things forward in specific timeframes including trade-offs and safeguards when implementing new functionality.
Bonus points for
- Experience with writing excellent documentation to ensure our tooling is valuable to the entire Rust community!
- Curiosity about learning more about frontend and backend development to assist in the deployment of your improvements.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
POSTED Oct 6
Senior Backend Engineer at Airship
Title: Senior Backend Engineer
About the Role
Backend Engineers at Airship maintain and improve the backend services that power our platform. They are responsible for the reliability, scalability, and maintainability of a large, distributed system. We provide low latency services that process a stream of events from apps, web, mobile wallet, email, sms, and internal services. In an average week, you will:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with outside teams
- Read and write well-designed and efficient code
- Plan for, and develop, new features that will be implemented across multiple microservices
- Work with the team lead and architect to make well-reasoned design decisions that take into account potential issues, scaling and reliability concerns, maintenance trade-offs, and appropriate levels of abstraction
- Work with Infrastructure, QA, and other Engineers to troubleshoot issues that are escalated through Support
- Design systems and help define best practices
- Be accountable end-to-end from planning to deployment
- Test changes, both manually and by writing and updating unit tests
- Actively look to improve the product and identify areas for improvement
What to Expect
This position is geared toward a Senior developer. There are opportunities for both collaborative and independent work and you will be part of a larger functional team with plenty of other senior and staff engineers ready to help if you need it.
Within the first week, you will:
- Be introduced to the cross-functional team and will learn what each role does
- Set up your development environment, be granted access to source code and internal systems
- Read a lot of documentation and watch a few videos to learn about our product and platform
- Clone code and set up one or more local instances of services
- Be assigned your first ticket and start solving problems
Within the first month, you will:
- Gain familiarity with team processes
- Write code, unit tests, and internal documentation for new features you are working on
- Deploy your changes to our production environment
- Participate in daily standups and other team meetings
Within the first 3-6 months, you will:
- Join the on-call rotation and collaborate to resolve production issues (the entire team takes turns with week-long shifts)
- Continuously explore, understand, and improve unfamiliar codebases
- Make pragmatic decisions about when to refactor and when to iterate
- Deploy updates across services to bring new functionality to end users
- Become proficient with Airship engineering stack and Airship’s preferred tools and style
- Communicate technical issues and decisions clearly and proactively to a cross-functional audience
- Offer constructive code reviews, demos, talks, and recommendations to help your team and others be more productive and ship a better product
- Suggest solutions to problems impacting the team
- Consistently help new hires and more junior engineers to “level up” and become more proficient over time
- Understand customer needs and motivations
- Understand how engineering projects contribute to business goals
- Provide well-informed estimates to internal stakeholders
- Set realistic deadlines and cut scope as needed working with other senior members of the project team
- Mitigate risk by shipping frequently and limiting change
- Experience designing, building and testing enterprise Java applications
- Knowledge of current frameworks, SDKs, APIs, and libraries
- Ability to work with other developers and assist junior team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently, and in a team environment
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Experience using a Linux-based development environment (managing software, using the terminal, familiarity with basic utilities)
- Ability to work independently on significant features
- Capable of acting as a mentor to other engineers
Bonus points for:
Practiced Git workflows (branching, merging, resolving conflicts)
Experience with distributed NoSQL systems or key-value stores
About the Team
We’re looking for a strong senior back-end engineer to join the team that is responsible for Airship’s Journeys products. You can (and should!) read more about at the links below.
The team is a driven, goal-oriented group that is constantly tweaking and refining their development process to deliver more value to customers. While strong engineering work is important, everyone on the team has the opportunity to participate in the entire product development process. From refining team procedures, to product discovery directly with customers, to proposing new solutions, every member of the team has the opportunity to contribute. If this sounds like the kind of place for you, read on!
We look forward to hearing from you!
At the dawn of mobile apps, Airship powered the first commercial messages and then expanded its data-led approach to all re-engagement channels (mobile wallet, SMS, email), app UX experimentation and feature release management.
Now, with Airship App Experience Platform (AXP), brands can create and adapt native app experiences on their own with no ongoing developer support or app updates required.
Having powered trillions of mobile app interactions for thousands of global brands, Airship is proud to be at the forefront of what has become the digital center of customer experience, loyalty and monetization mobile app experience (MAX).
Learn more about Airship here: Airship Newsroom + Airship Customers
Airship Benefits Summary
Workplace Flexibility (Fully Remote Option) + WFH stipends + Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (PPO/HSA Options) + Mental Health Benefits + Open PTO Policy (take the time you need) + 401(k) Retirement Plan w/a match + Stock Options + Professional Development Program ($1,750/year) + Mentorship Program + Employee Resource Groups + Culture Club + Supplemental Benefits (Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending) + Parental Leave + Employee Assistance Program + Referral Bonus Program
Duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.